About the Program
Our GameBreakers program offer young children to take the first step towards team basketball and join our in-house “recreational basketball league” for children 6 – 8 years old. This league focuses on introducing children to the team-play aspect of the sport. Each week players will have a mini team practice and modified rules / game-play on 8 foot hoops.
All players, staff and parents will masked at all times! Players will learn a team concept for the day, then we will break into teams for a game. There will be quick substitutions and breaks throughout the game as coaches instruct the players on court.
Typical Session Overview
2:05 pm – 2:25 pm – Warm Up / Team Concept of the Day
2:30 pm – 3:15 pm – Game Play – 5 v 5 Full Court Game incorporating team concepts of the day.
Team Concepts of the Day Include:
- Team Defense – Proper help defense positioning off the ball.
- Offensive Spacing – Where to be positioning on offense when you don’t have the ball.
- Offensive Ball Movement & Cutting – How to keep the ball moving and cut into open gaps.
- Running the Fastbreak – Learning how to fill lanes and take advantage of fastbreak opportunities.
- Pick and Roll Offense/Defense – How to properly use and defend ball screens.
Time: 2:05 pm – 3:15 pm
Apr: 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
May: 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd
Jun: 5th, 12th
Fastbreak Sports (1629 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10128)