4v4 Basketball League
Players Stats | Live Streaming & Game Recordings | Trophies
About the League:
For all levels of player, the 4v4 League offers fun, competition and a chance to put all the skills you’ve worked on into action. Weekly games allow players the opportunity to get a great workout in, fine-tune their skills, and compete with or against their friends. Each team will be assigned a coach for the season, allowing them to build relationships and cohesion with their team.
All players will be registering to the grade appropriate player-pool. Players are able to request as many players to be placed with, as long as the request is MUTUAL. We will do our best to honor as many requests as possible. We will be evaluating all players and creating all teams in-house to ensure competitive balance among all divisions. We believe this will result in a more positive experience for all players and an overall better league atmosphere. Teams will have up to seven (7) players, unless a team mutually requests more players.
Divisions are separated by grade level and by ability. Please place your child in the league that will be most beneficial for their development. (Example: more-experienced 7th grade players should play on Wednesdays, as opposed to on Thursdays). Our goal is for competitive games that result in learning valuable lessons; no one benefits when a team consistently wins/loses by a wide margin.
Divisions by Grade
- Monday: 3rd/4th (8 teams)
- Tuesday: 4th/5th (14 teams)
- Wednesday: 7th/8th (6 teams)
- Thursday: 6th/7th (10 teams)
Monday, Sept 11th – Tuesday, November 21st
FB HQ Main Court: 6:05 PM | 6:55 PM | 7:50 PM
RFK Middle School: 6:25 PM | 7:20 PM
SVF (St. Vincent) High School: 6:25 PM | 7:20 PM
Fastbreak HQ Main Court – 1629 1st Ave (85th St) | RFK Middle School – 110 E 88th Street (btwn Lex and Park) | St. Vincent Ferrer HS – 151 E 65th St (btwn 3rd and Lex)
League Fee: $595
MYPLAY VIDEO STREAMING & RECORDINGS
We encourage friends and family to attend the games at Fastbreak Sports HQ to watch from our mezzanine level.
Full season schedules will be confirmed and updated regularly to our website, as well as accessible through the Daysmart Platform app.
Game Times at Fastbreak: 6:05 PM | 6:55 PM | 7:50 PM
Game Times at Off-Site Locations: 6:25 PM | 7:20 PM
All players will be given a team jersey. Players must bring their jersey each week. Their assigned number will help the player’s stats be accurate throughout the season. If a player does not bring his jersey, he will be given a reversible pinnie, and the opposing team will be rewarded a point to start the game. If the jersey is lost/misplaced, please contact email@example.com and we can provide a new one for a fee.
All players should come in newer athletic sneakers or basketball shoes. We recommend players wear high-tops to prevent any ankle injuries when landing. Program attire is athletic shorts with team jersey.
There are water bottle fillers at the facility, so be sure to send adequate water/sports drink bottle(s) with your child.
Please bookmark/save the 55 Swish website to easily access the schedule, standings, league info and rules, and more.
All families will be notified by email immediately if the program is canceled for any reason. If we cancel the program, our goal is schedule a make-up game with a double-header or by extending the season. Please be aware that we have families from public, private, and religious schools, which all use different academic calendars. We understand that our scheduling may not always be ideal, but we try to do our best to make it work for all families. In the rare case that we cannot schedule a make-up game, we will give an account credit for the missed game.
Fastbreak 4v4 League Rules
- Two (2) 20 minute halves.
- Clock stops on all timeouts, on any whistle in the last 30 seconds of the first-half, and any whistle in the last two (2) minutes of the second-half. Running clock if the spread is 10+ points in the last two minutes.
- Teams get three (3) timeouts per game (none added in overtime).
- Overtime will be two (2) minutes. Double-Overtime is first to score two (2) points, no clock necessary.
- Mandatory Substitutions will take place every 5 minutes. In the last 2 minutes of the game, the coach can sub in freely. Example: Last rotating substitution will occur at 5:00 mark. This rotation must play 3 minutes. The coach can substitute freely in the final 2 minutes.
Substitute rotations must stay the same for the entire game.
- Uniform: Every player will receive a team jersey that must be worn at every game. If a player does not have their jersey, they will be given a pinnie/reversible jersey for the game, and one (1) point will be given to the opponent before the game starts as a penalty.
- 8 team fouls per half will result in a 1 and 1. No double bonus.
- Two (2) team fouls in the last one (1) minute will result in a 1 and 1.
- If a player is holding the basketball in bounds and touching the wall, they are out of bounds.
- 3 second rule is in effect.
- No press in the Monday 3rd/4th Division except in the last two (2) minutes. Refs will announce “Press is in effect!”
- Press allowed for all other Divisions, but only if the score is within 10 points. Can not guard the inbounder in the backcourt.
- Backcourt – 10 seconds to cross half-court; back-court is the foul line extended.
- No players or parents can talk to the refs. Only team coaches may discuss calls with the officials. Technical fouls will be given out under the officials discretion. Communicate to Ben after the games any parents/players who are causing issues.
- Any behavior deemed unacceptable by the staff may result in ejection or suspension from the league.
- Parents must sit on the mezzanine and are not permitted on the gym level at Fastbreak Sports HQ. In off-site locations (RFK, SVF, AS), parents should be sitting across/away from the team benches. Parents are not permitted on team benches.
- All teams make the playoffs! Expect an East and a West division for the playoffs to allow for two (2) champions.
- Only players on the roster can play in order the game to be official in the standings. If another player is picked up to fill in, the game will be played, but will count as a forfeit.