About the Program
Our GameBreakers program offers young children to take the first step towards competitive basketball by learning team concepts and implementing them into game real games. This league focuses on introducing children to the team-play aspect of the sport. Each week players will have a mini team practice and modified rules / game-play on 8 foot hoops.
Typical Session Overview
20 Minutes – Warm Up / Team Concept of the Day
55 Minutes – Game Play – 5 v 5 Full Court Game incorporating team concepts of the day and coaches teaching on the court.
Team Concepts of the Day Include:
- Team Defense – Proper help defense positioning off the ball.
- Offensive Spacing – Where to be positioning on offense when you don’t have the ball.
- Offensive Ball Movement & Cutting – How to keep the ball moving and cut into open gaps.
- Running the Fastbreak – Learning how to fill lanes and take advantage of fastbreak opportunities.
- Pick and Roll Offense/Defense – How to properly use and defend ball screens.
1:35 pm – 2:50 pm (Ages 6-8)
3:00 pm – 4:15 pm (Ages 6-8)
Dec: 4th, 11th, 18th
Jan: 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
Feb: 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
Mar: 5th, 12th, 19th
Fastbreak Sports (1629 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10128)