Fastbreak Sports’ travel basketball program is for players age 7 through 15 who are looking for a competitive and fun basketball experience. Each player will have two opportunities to get better each week (one practice, one skills session) in addition to games. Practices will be built around concepts that prioritize the development of the individual and the team, preparing for competitive game play on weekends.
Why play for Fastbreak?
- DEVELOPMENT FIRST – Winning matters. But it’s not the only thing that matters. While our teams will strive to win each game they play, our program and coach’s first priority is the development of your child. Their skill set should be advancing day-to-day and week-to-week. Each practice and game should be allowing your kid to use new skill sets that will propel their game forward.
- GAME TRANSFERRABLE EMPHASES – Our travel program is designed to teach principles and skills that make a difference in game play for your child. All skills are nice, but the skills and reads that translate into making a school team or getting more playing time are our main focus. It might take more time to teach, but we are going to emphasize man-to-man defense, offensive motion principles and other concepts that translate in game play situations.
- GREAT COACHES – Your team will be coached by one of our amazing coaches with experience playing or coaching at the highest level. That coach will be with you for the entire season for practices and games. The best teams have continuity and grow together!
- MORE THAN BASKETBALL – It’s about more than just basketball. Playing for Fastbreak means you are also being coached on how to be a great teammate, a great leader and elite competitor.
- THE GEAR – Your season fee includes an awesome apparel package (reversible jersey, uniform shorts, hoodie, shooting shirt, etc.)!
- PRACTICES – All players will have two opportunities to get better per week beginning in the middle of October, running through early March. Teams will have primarily a Saturday team practice and you can choose your weekday skills class.
- GAMES – First game will take place before Thanksgiving, with 1-2 games in December and the remainder of the season being played January – March. Games will be played primarily on Sundays, with a possible Saturday. All teams are scheduled to play in the 55 Swish League @ Basketball City Manhattan or the Post in Brooklyn.
- THE GEAR – As part of the travel season package ($1,895), all players will receive a full reversible uniform (jersey and shorts) along with additional gear such as: team sweatshirts, shooting shirts, zip-ups, socks, etc.
- EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT – FIRST 100 PLAYERS receive a $250 discount and guarantees your name on back of jersey and your number of choice!
*NEW* Elite Development Pathway
Within each age division, we are aiming to create a select team of players that want to make basketball their priority sport. For these teams, playing time is completely determined by the coach. Playing time is not guaranteed in any game. This is for our most dedicated player(s), who play year round, including AAU. These teams will not take player/teammate requests. If you are interested in pursuing the Elite Development Pathway team, please email Director of Basketball, Max Sass: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Please reach out to Max Sass with any questions: email@example.com or 212-724-3278.