Fastbreak Sports’ travel basketball program is for players in 2nd – 9th grade who are looking for a competitive and fun basketball experience. Each player will have two opportunities to get better each week (one team practice, one skills session) in addition to games. Practices will be built around concepts that prioritize the development of the individual and the team, preparing for competitive game play on weekends.
Why play for Fastbreak?
- DEVELOPMENT FIRST – Winning matters. But it’s not the only thing that matters. While our teams will strive to win each game they play, our program and coach’s first priority is the development of your child. Their skill set should be advancing day-to-day and week-to-week. Each practice and game should be allowing your kid to use new skill sets that will propel their game forward.
- GAME TRANSFERRABLE EMPHASES – Our travel program is designed to teach principles and skills that make a difference in game play for your child. All skills are nice, but the skills and reads that translate into making a school team or getting more playing time are our main focus. It might take more time to teach, but we are going to emphasize man-to-man defense, offensive motion principles and other concepts that translate in game play situations.
- GREAT COACHES – Your team will be coached by one of our amazing coaches with experience playing or coaching at the highest level. That coach will be with you for the entire season for practices and games. The best teams have continuity and grow together!
- MORE THAN BASKETBALL – It’s about more than just basketball. Playing for Fastbreak means you are also being coached on how to be a great teammate, a great leader and elite competitor.
- THE GEAR – As part of the travel season package ($1,995), all players will receive a full reversible uniform (jersey and shorts) along with additional gear such as: team sweatshirts, shooting shirts, socks, etc.
- PRACTICES – All players will have two opportunities to get better per week, with team practices beginning on October 28th, and running through early March. Teams will have a Saturday team practice (90 minutes) on the Upper East Side. Additionally, you can choose your weekday skills class, and those will begin in after Thanksgiving Break.
- GAMES – Games will be played primarily on Sundays, with a possible Saturday. All teams are scheduled to play in the 55 Swish League in Manhattan. Game sites will be Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Financial District, and Basketball City (Pier 36).
- TENTATIVE GAME DATES:
- December 3, 10, 17
- January 14, 21, 28
- February 4, 10, 11, 25
- March 2, 3, 9, 10 (Playoffs – March 9 and 10)
- COST – $1995 per player
Please reach out to the Basketball Department with any questions at 212-724-3278, or send an email:
Ben Diamond: email@example.com
Will Nielsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mikey Edelman: email@example.com